UNESCO has done an outrageous thing and needs to hear about it. Under pressure from Arabs and Muslims they have taken extraordinary action to change history. The http://www.jpost.com/International/Article.aspx?id=194834 reports on November 11, 2010:
“UNESCOs action to remove Jewish landmarks from Israeli sovereignty has been a lightning- rod issue for the Israeli government, which rejects the designation of the two biblical sites the Cave of the Patriarchs and Rachels Tomb as part of the Palestinian territories. ” The historical burial places of Abraham and Rachel are a part of JEWISH heritage and need to remain with these designations.
This action by UNESCO needs to be reversed, ASAP. As of this morning it had not been finalized, at least officially. I think the woman at the UN regretted the moment she let that slip. They, UNESCO, need to feel pressure from the US and others to rescind their unfortunate actions. You can do quite a few things to protest this outrageous action:
- “Pray for the peace of Jerusalem: May they prosper who love you.” Psalm 122:6
- Google the action or read the article above or something to inform yourself.
- Sign the petition at: http://www.petitiononline.com/rabbiv/petition.html
- Call UNESCO in NYC 1-212-963-5995 or email them at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Better still write a letter, use correct postage [I’m not sure if I have the commas in the right places for French mail] to : UNESCO Director-General Irina Bokova, 7 place de Fontenoy, 75352 Paris 07 SP, FRANCE
- Call the White House comment line at: 202-456-1111
- email the White House at http://www.whitehouse.gov/contact
- Call your congressman and ask them to protest this action
- Contact the US UN at: http://archive.usun.state.gov/Issues/Contact2.html
- Call the US UN comment line at: Opinion & Comment line: 212-415-4062
- Send a letter to: Press and Public Diplomacy Section
United States Mission to the United Nations
799 United Nations Plaza
New York, N.Y. 10017
- Write to Ambassador Susan Rice at the UN address
- Write to Secretary of State, Hillary Clinton, c/o U.S. Department of State
2201 C Street NW
Washington, DC 20520
- email a comment on the form at: http://contact-us.state.gov/cgi-bin/state.cfg/php/enduser/std_alp.php
- Contact your favorite radio or TV political talk show person and ask them to take up this issue and call for UNESCO to rescind their action. http://streamingradioguide.com/radio-shows-on-air.php OR google the host and use the “Contact Us” part of their site.
- SPREAD THE WORD–worldwide, so that others may take action as well
- Write a letter to the editor on-line of a local paper; or comment in chat rooms
- You can do most of these things in just a few minutes
- Thank you for all that you are able to do.
- Pray for the peace of Jerusalem